18/10/2016 0 Comments
Are your contact lenses bothering you?
Here are 6 reasons your contact lenses may be bothering you and tips to make you more comfortable.
Are your contact lenses bothering you? An eye exam with an optometrist at The Eyewear Place in Lloydminster or Fort McMurray can help.Here are 6 reasons your contact lenses may be bothering you and tips to make you more comfortable:
- Poor fit. Your eyes are unique. Nobody on the planet has eyes exactly like yours. This is why it’s vital to wear contact lenses that fit your eyes properly. One size does not fit all! Symptoms of improperly fitted contact lenses may include the feeling of having a foreign object in the eye, dryness, itchiness, irritation and fluctuations in vision. Book an eye exam with your optometrist in Lloydminster or Fort McMurray to have your lenses fitted properly.
- Dirt. Make sure to follow the prescribed procedure when cleaning and disinfecting your contact lenses. If you still experience irritation, you may need to experiment with different brands of cleaning solution. Book an eye exam with an optometrist at The Eyewear Place in Lloydminster or Fort McMurray for advice.
- Lengthy wear time. Most contact lenses are not designed to be worn for extended periods of time. If you find your lenses irritating, it might be a good idea to give your eyes a break. Wear your eyeglasses for a few days while you let your contacts soak in the appropriate solution in their case.
- Excessive make-up around the eyes. If you wear a lot of make-up, it’s almost impossible to avoid getting particles of it on and under your contact lenses. If you experience irritation and you wear make-up, try wearing less of it right around your eyes.
- Allergies. If you are prone to allergies, you might consider not wearing contact lenses at all during allergy season. Another solution might be to wear daily disposables. Talk to an optometrist at The Eyewear Place to discuss your contact lens options.
- Improperly worn. Are you wearing your contact lenses inside out? This can be an issue, especially with novices. To make sure you are wearing them correctly, place a lens on your fingertip and look at it from the side. If the lens forms a “U” without flaring at the edges, you are doing it right. If the edges of the lens flare out, it’s inside out.
Do you still experience discomfort with your your contact lenses in Lloydminster or Fort McMurray after experimenting with the remedies outlined above? If yes, then book an appointment with an optometrist at The Eyewear Place in Lloydminster or Fort McMurray. We’ll help you regain the comfort and confidence a well fitted and maintained pair of contact lenses can offer you.
Contact us today!
Leave a comment