07/11/2019 0 Comments
Why You Should Wear Safety Glasses
Vision is something most of us take for granted. Protecting your eyes at work is very important as injuries are common in the production, transportation and service industries. Safety eye experts believe the right eye protection can lessen the severity or even prevent 90 per cent of such incidents. Proper eye protection should be worn at all times – during sports, play, work or hobbies. Statistics suggest thousands of employees suffer from eye injuries every year with some resulting in blindness. If your eyes are not protected with safety eyewear, you could be putting yourself at high risk.
The Eyewear Place offers an array of products like sunglasses, safety glasses, contact lenses and frames. Our qualified staff and highly experienced eye doctors will help you choose your next pair of lenses or sunglasses. In addition to reliable eye products, we also conduct various eye exams for our Fort McMurray and Lloydminster customers.
In this blog, we will throw some light on the importance of wearing safety eyewear.
Safety GlassesThe Canadian for Occupation Health and Safety guidelines has stated that all safety glasses should be CSA-certified. It is mandatory to include the identification marks of the supplier and manufacturer on any pair of sunglasses which should meet the required standards of a work environment. To understand which safety glasses are the best fit for your team, review the safety guidelines of your company and the demands of the workspace.
To maintain continued operational success, it is important to maintain a safe working environment or there may be a negative impact on worker morale. Avoiding injuries helps in keeping the team working together as a unit.
Potential Eye Hazards at Work
- Most eye injuries happen when small particles strike the eye. Objects like metal silvers and wood chips are hazards often discharged by tools, blown in by wind or falling from an overhead work.
- Industrial chemicals or cleaning products can cause chemical burns to one or both eyes.
- Thermal burns usually occur among welders and can cause extensive damage to the eyes and surrounding tissue.
- Objects like nails, wood, metal or staples can causepenetration injuries resulting in a permanent loss of vision.
Benefits of Safety Glasses
The benefits of the right safety eyewear go beyond protection from regular hazards. We have discussed these below.
- Safety glasses are heat resistant and protect eyes from sparks and flames.
- These protect eyes from harmful chemical splashes.
- They are designed in a way to keep small particles from entering your eyes.
- These sunglasses have a specialised protective shield offering complete protection against ultraviolet radiations emitted by the sun.